PREMISEIn compliance with EU Regulation 679/2016, hereby, we provide the necessary information regarding the purposes and methods of the processing of personal data to those who consult the pages of EDKO S.R.L.’s website, as data controller.
This information is valid only for this website WWW.EDKO.IT and not for other websites that may be consulted via links published on this website; on such third-party websites, the data controller is not to be considered in any way responsible.
Users are informed that the hosting of this website is provided by ARUBA S.p.A. – V.A.T. Number: 01573850516, in compliance with the GDPR (for any further information on ARUBA S.p.A.’s policies, click here).
TYPE OF DATA PROCESSED
Only with regard to the technical aspects and protocols, we wish to inform you that:
- The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website may acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols.
- This information is not collected with the purpose to be associated with specific interested third parties, but it might, by its very nature, allow the user’s identification, through data processing and various associations with data held by third parties.
- This category of data includes IP addresses or the domain names of the computers that the users utilize in order to connect to the site, the addresses contained in the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (success, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s IT environment.
- These data can be used to ascertain the responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the site.
Cookies are small text files that are sent from the visited website to the user’s device (usually to the browser), where they are mostly stored in order to recognize this device at the next visit. In fact, at every subsequent visit, cookies are re-sent to the site by the user’s device.
Each cookie generally contains: the name of the server from which the cookie was sent, the expiration date and a value, usually a unique number randomly generated by the computer. The server of the website that transfers the cookie uses this number in order to recognize the user when he or she returns to visit a site or when he or she browses from one page to another.
The cookies can be installed not only by the website’s owner when the user visits their website (first-party cookies), but also by a different site that installs cookies through the first site (third-party cookies) and is able to recognize them. This happens because a visited site may contain elements (images, maps, sounds, links to web pages that belong to other domains, etc.) hosted on other servers than the server of the visited site.
Generally, cookies can be classified into different typologies based on the following criteria:
- session cookies (temporary) which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed.
- persistent cookies which are active until their expiration date or until they are canceled by the user.
- first-party cookies which are sent to the browser directly from the site that is being visited.
- third-party cookies which are sent to the browser from other sites and not from the site you are visiting.
- technical cookies
- navigation/indispensable/performance/process/security cookies contribute to the operating of the website, giving, for example, the possibility to browse through the pages or access protected areas. If the cookies are blocked, the site cannot function properly.
- functionality/preference/localization/session status cookies allow the storage of information that changes the appearance or the behaviour of the site (preferred language, text and font size, geographical area where the user is located). If these cookies are blocked, the experience is less functional but not fully compromised.
- statistical/analytic a) first-party or b) third-party cookies with IP masking, without data crossing (similar to technical cookies, purpose wise), are used to collect information and generate statistics of website usage in order to understand how visitor interaction works.
- non-technical cookies
- third-party statistical/analytic cookies without IP masking, with data crossing, are used to collect information, generate usage statistics, with possible identification and tracking of the website user, in order to understand how visitors interact.
- profiling/publicity/advertising/tracking/conversion cookies for the advertising selection, based on what is relevant for a specific user (personalized ads). Profiling cookies are designed to create specific profiles for users and are then used in order to send advertising messages aligned with the preferences expressed by the same user during his or her net surfing experience.
All information regarding the cookies installed through this site, and the necessary instructions on how to manage the relative user preferences are reported below.
Specifically, in addition to the foregoing, we would like to point out that the website WWW.EDKO.IT uses:
- Technical cookies
These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our website: these are cookies that are used for browsing or to provide a service which has been requested by the user; they are never used for other purposes and they are installed directly by the data controller. Without the use of these cookies, some operations could not be performed or they would be far more complex and/or less secure.
Please note that the website does not use statistical (“Analytics”) cookies and/or profiling cookies.
- Google Maps Widget (Google Inc.)
The Google Maps Widget provides customizable interactive maps that are included within the web pages of the sites that use the service. The site WWW.EDKO.IT incorporates the Google Maps Widget in order to allow the user to view the location on the map of the headquarters of EDKO S.R.L.. This service could involve the installation of cookies, including profiling, by Google (third-party). Instead, no information is shared by the site WWW.EDKO.IT, in which the Widget is incorporated.
Place of processing: USA
In general, besides the types of cookies used by this website, we wish to also inform our users that, in addition to the protection required by current legislation, also options to browse without cookies are available, such as:
- Block third-party cookies: third-party cookies are generally not essential for browsing, so you can reject them by default, by using the adequate functions of your browser.
- Activate the Do Not Track option: the Do Not Track option is available in most of the latest generation browsers. Websites that were designed to respect this option, once it is activated, should automatically stop collecting some browsing data. As mentioned before, however, not all websites are set to respect this option (discretionary).
- Activate the “anonymous browsing” mode: this function allows you to browse without leaving a trace in the navigation data browser. The sites will not remember the user, the pages that are visited will not be stored in the history and the new cookies will be deleted. The anonymous browsing function does not guarantee anonymity on the Internet, because it is only used in order not to keep the browsing data in your browser, thus navigation data will continue to be available to website managers and connectivity providers.
- Delete cookies directly: there are special functions to do it in all browsers. Remember, however, that every time you connect to the Internet, new cookies are downloaded, so the deletion operation should be performed periodically. Should you wish to have cookies deleted, you must know that some browsers offer automated systems for the periodic cancellation of cookies.
For any further needs or for further information regarding the so-called “cookies”, we recommend that you consult the following link:
Furthermore, in order to find out how to limit, block and/or remove cookies set on your device, please visit the following link: http://www.aboutcookies.org
As previously mentioned, the user can also manage his own cookie preferences directly through his browser. In order to know the browser type and the browser version that you are using, it is advisable to click on the “Help” button in the browser window at the top, it is where you can access all the necessary information. If, on the other hand, you know the browser type and the browser version that you are using, just click on the adequate link, corresponding to the browser you are using in order to access the cookie management page.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Finally, for more information on how cookies should be managed, we recommend that you visit the following web pages: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, http://www.allaboutcookies.org, http://aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
Pursuant to the consultation of this site, data relating to identified or identifiable persons may be processed. In particular, it is specified that such processing may take place in relation to personal data freely provided by users who send their personal data to the data controller through the contact details on the WWW.EDKO.IT website, such as for example company e-mail addresses, and/or by filling out specific forms for collecting information on the site (for example, “contact us” form, “work with us” form, etc.). In fact, the optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mails to the addresses indicated on this site entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary for the purpose of responding to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the message. Detailed information specifications on the processing of data, pursuant to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 679/2016, are reported, from time to time, on the pages where there are forms for the collection of visitor data. This information is intended to define limits, purposes and methods of processing each data collection form and each visitor can freely express his or her consent and authorize the collection of data and the subsequent use.
It should be noted that, in no section of the site, nor for access to any functionality of the site, the assignment of “special categories of personal data” and/or “personal data relating to criminal convictions and crimes” is requested, as defined in Art. 9 and 10 of EU Regulation 679/2016: if the user spontaneously sends the information to the data controller of the aforementioned type, the data controller will process such data in compliance with the current legislation on the protection of personal data (EU Regulation 679/2016) and within the limits of what is strictly necessary in relation to the requests expressed by the interested user.
In general, as regards the data provided voluntarily by the user, we wish to inform users that EU Regulation 679/2016 and Legislative Decree 196/2003 (although not in contrast with EU Regulation 679/2016) provide for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. According to this legislation, this processing will be based on principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency, protecting your privacy and your rights.
Pursuant to the aforementioned Article 13 of EU Regulation 679/2016, we hereby provide you with the following information:
- The data controller may transfer personal data to a third party country or an international organization; in these cases the data controller undertakes to carry out the processing only based upon appropriate guarantees.
- In compliance with the provisions indicated within the “Measures and precautions prescribed to the data controllers with regards to the processing of their functions as system administrators and relative assignment by means of electronic instruments – November 27th, 2008“ (Official Journal No. 300 of December 24th, 2008) with subsequent changes and amendments, the data controller may appoint specific “System administrators” who might, while performing their functions, even indirectly, have access to services or systems that process or allow the processing of personal information.
- The data will not be disclosed to other third parties, if the express consent of the user was not obtained, in advance.
d) The data will be stored for as long as it is necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which the data were initially provided for; The data will be stored in a form that allows the identification of the user concerned for a time period not exceeding the necessary framework of their collection or subsequent processing purposes; afterwards, if not expressly once again confirmed by the interested party, that relative personal data will be deleted, unless transformed into anonymous data.
e) The personal data provided will not be processed in order to implement an automated decision-making process (the so-called profiling).
f) In the hypothesis in which the personal data provided must be processed for other purposes than the ones indicated above, the data controller will inform the user regarding this different purpose and will provide any other relevant information.
Considering the state of the art and the implementation costs as well as the nature, scope, context and purpose of the personal data processing, both when it is determining the processing means, and at the time of the processing itself (the so-called risk analysis – accountability), the data controller has to put in place the adequate technical and organizational measures, aimed at effectively implementing the data protection principles, and integrating the necessary guarantees in order to meet the requirements of EU Regulation 679/2016 and protect the rights of the interested parties.
Data will be processed by using the suitable methods and instruments in order to guarantee security (Article 24, 25 and 32 of EU Regulation 679/2016) and will be carried out through an automated process and through non-automated means (paper archives), to which all technical and organizational measures must be applied in order to ensure an appropriate security level for the relative risk, so as to ensure, on a permanent basis, their confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services (by way of example but not limited to: control of tasks’ assignment to the data processing responsible, and on the data classification itself; procedures, if sustainable, pseudonymization and encryption, disaster recovery mechanisms, etc.).
We inform you that the processing of data is based on the provisions of art. 6, paragraph 1, letter a) of EU Regulation 679/2016, and the user is free to provide his or her own information by sending it to the data controller via the contact details fields on the WWW.EDKO.IT website and/or by filling out specific forms for collecting information available on the site; in the latter case, failure to provide certain data could, depending on the case, make it impossible to proceed with the activities requested by the user (for example, see “mandatory fields”, in the information collection forms).
Pursuant to Art. 29 of EU Regulation 679/2016, the data controller may use anyone acting under his or her authority and/or under the authority of the appointed manager; these subjects will be adequately trained.
The data controller has not designated the D.P.O. (Article 37 of EU Regulation 679/2016 and Article 29 of the WP Guidelines issued on December 13th, 2016), as it is an unnecessary figure within the structure, given that the characteristics of the data processing do not fall within the cases referred to in the aforementioned Article 37.
The data controller also informs that:
g) the interested party (the user) has the right to ask the data controller to provide access to his or her personal data and the means to correct them, or cancel them, or limit their processing or to refuse their processing, in addition to the data portability right (Article 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 of EU Regulation 679/2016); while exercising his or her access rights, the interested party/user has the right to obtain from the data controller confirmation that his or her personal data is or is not currently subjected to data processing, while exercising the data portability right allows the interested party to obtain from the data controller the personal data in a common readable and structured format, or the transfer of such data from the original data controller to another (see WP 242 issued on December 13th, 2016);
h) if the data processing is based on article 6, paragraph 1, letter a) or on article 9, paragraph 2, letter a), the interested party has the right to withdraw his or her consent for personal data processing at any time without jeopardizing the lawfulness of the data processing occurred on the basis of the given consent, before the revocation;
i) the interested party has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
j) the interested party has the right to be informed, by the care of the data controller, without justified delay, regarding the fact that a violation of personal data is likely to present a high risk for individual human rights and freedoms (Art. 34 EU Regulation 679/2016).
The full text of the articles of EU Regulation 679/2016 related to individual rights (Articles 15 to 22 inclusively and 34) is available at any time at the following link on the website of the Personal Data Protection Authority:
or, alternatively, the data controller will provide this information at the user’s request, by sending a communication to the previously indicated addresses.
CHANGES TO THE “PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY” DOCUMENT
The data controller reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy, at any time, by publically sharing it with the users on this web page. Therefore, we kindly ask the users to frequently consult this page, and take as reference the date of the last modification indicated at the bottom.
The users will be in the position to be able to understand and evaluate the changes made to this document by comparing the different versions of the information that may have occurred over time, because the previous versions of the document will still be available for users’ consultation on the website.
If the user does not accept the changes made to this privacy statement, he or she is required to cease using this website and to send the specific, relative communication to the data controller, at the previously indicated addresses, requesting the deletion of his or her personal data.
Unless otherwise specified, this Privacy & Cookies Policy will continue to be applicable to all previously collected personal data.
For any questions, comments and requests related to this privacy statement, please contact us at the following addresses:
In any case, we invite our users to report any difficulties they encountered in viewing this Privacy & Cookies Policy, in order to be able to provide, if necessary, alternative information methods.
Date of last modification: 27/11/2018